Fast, easy, efficient document scanner with built-in networking.
Designed for greater efficiency plus ease of use via a simple touchscreen, the DS-780N network document scanner delivers high-quality scans up to 45 ppm/90 ipm1, plus a high-volume 100-page ADF. Its intuitive touchscreen delivers quick access to 30 user-defined jobs.
Built-in networking2 offers easy workgroup sharing, while included TWAIN and ISIS® drivers ensure integration with existing professional document management systems. A peak daily duty cycle up to 5,000 sheets3 provides added dependability. And, it’s backed by an industry-leading 3-year limited warranty, with an Advance Exchange program featuring free Next-Business-Day shipping4.
Ordering multiple scanners or support packages? Or, do you have a specific question about the Epson WorkForce DS-780N Document Scanner?
You can always reach our HMB Capture team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 614-392-5198.
- Scanner Type: Sheet-fed, 1-pass, duplex color scanner
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
- Maximum Resolution: 1200 dpi interpolated
- Monochrome Bit Depth: 1-bit
- Output Resolution: 50 to 1200 dpi
- Effective Pixels: 5100 x 9300
- Light Source: 3-color RGB LED
- Scanning Speed: Letter size: 445 ppm/90 ipm: 200 and 300 dpi Black-and-White, Color, Gray; 11 ppm/22 ipm: 400 and 600 dpi Black-and-White, Gray, Color2
- Rigid plastic ID card scanning (including embossed cards)
- Card thickness maximum: less than 1.24 mm with emboss
- Business card scanning
- Oversized folded document scanning with optional carrier sheet
- Ultrasonic double-feed detection
- USB connection for authentication device, unit security lock (Kensington type)
- Panel Display: Front panel touchscreen with up to 30 user-definable scan jobs
Automatic Document Feeder:
- Capacity: 100 sheets
- Document Sizes:
- Minimum: 2" x 2"
- Maximum: 8.5" x 240" at 200 dpi
- Maximum: 8.5" x 215" at 300 dpi
- Daily Duty Cycle: 5,000 sheets3
- Paper Weight: 27 − 413 g/m2
- Consumables: Roller assembly kit: 200,000 pages
- Standard Connectivity: SuperSpeed USB 3.0, Ethernet (RJ-45, 1000Base-T/10Base-T/100Base-TX), USB 2.0 (Host for authentication devices)
- Rated Voltage: 100 – 240 VAC
- Rated Frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
- Power Consumption:
- Operation: 17 W
- Ready: 8.8 W
- Sleep: 1.3 W
- Off: 0.1 W
- Output Voltage of AC Power Adapter: 24 V DC
- Rated Current: 1.2 A
- Operating Systems:
- Windows® 10
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Mac® OS X® 10.9.x – macOS® 10.12.x
- Software requires Internet connection for download and installation
- Server Systems:
- Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Temperature: Operating: 41 ° to 95 °F (5 ° to 35 °C)
- Humidity: Operating: 10 – 80% (no condensation)
- Dimensions: Product only: 11.7" x 8.3" x 8.5"
- Weight: Product only: 8.2 lb
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Included Software:
- Epson Scan 2, Document Capture Pro, EMC Captiva ISIS
- Driver Support: TWAIN, ISIS
1 Based on letter-sized scans at 300 dpi in Black-and-White, Grayscale or Colour Mode, using the USB interface.
2 With Epson Document Capture and Epson Scan software installed on the connected Windows® PC or Mac®. Internet connection is required.
3 Peak daily duty cycle is the highest recommended number of scanned sheets per day. For best results, do not exceed the peak daily duty cycle. Calculations based on a scanning speed of 45 ppm and an assumed daily use time.
4 Expedited shipping not available in all areas. Road Service orders must be in by 3 p.m. Eastern Time for Next-Business-Day delivery.
5 With Epson Document Capture software installed on the connected Windows PC or Mac. Internet connection is required.
6 Carrier sheet required. (Sold separately)
7 For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit www.epson.ca/recycle
8 SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
1 With Epson Document Capture and Epson Scan software installed on the connected Windows PC or Mac.
2 Based on letter-sized scans at 300 dpi in Black-and-White, Grayscale or ColorMode, using the USB interface. Scan speed varies depending on network conditions.
3 Peak daily duty cycle is the highest recommended number of scanned sheets per day. For best results, do not exceed the peak daily duty cycle. Calculations based on a scanning speed of 45 ppm and an assumed daily use time. Scan speed varies depending on network conditions.
Shipping and Billing Details
Shipping: Free Expedited Shipping. Expected delivery 3-5 business days. If you need an item sooner please contact us online or call us at 614-392-5198 to make arrangements.
Shipping Service: FedEx or UPS
Ships from: Westerville, Ohio
Ships to: Continental United States plus Alaska & Hawaii
For more information or a price quote on the scanners HMB offers, please contact our product sales team at 614-392-5198 or Contact Us.
- Return shipping is the customer's responsibility.
- No returns on opened boxes
- Returns of unopened boxes are allowed with a 15% restocking fee