- Scans documents at 40 ppm and 80 ipm in duplex
- Legal-size flatbed
- 50 page ADF capacity
- Programmable OneTouch destinations for workgroups
- Daily Duty Cycle - 5,000 pages
- TAA Trade Compliant
Ordering multiple scanners or support packages? Or, do you have a specific question about the Xerox DocuMate 5540?
You can always reach our HMB Capture team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 614-392-5198.
Inspire Your Department to Become More Productive
Designed with features that will change how you look at and manage paper documents, the Xerox® DocuMate® 5540 will help employees reduce paper in the office, share documents electronically, search and retrieve documents quickly and back-up documents for protection or archiving. Unorganized paperwork is not only a security risk, but traditional filing boxes are expensive to store and difficult to search. Installing fast, cost-effective departmental scanners, like the DocuMate 5540, throughout your organization will help employees achieve higher levels of productivity and almost immediate return on investment.
Engineered for Anything
You don’t always know what documents will cross your desk next. You might have clean laser-quality pages today, but tomorrow there may be multi-part forms, embossed ID cards, or mixed batches of all these. With its high-quality CCD (charge-coupled device) imaging sensor, the Xerox® DocuMate® 5540 handles it all. The 50-page automatic document feeder makes it quick and simple to capture both sides of long documents as well as plastic cards including driver’s licenses and medical or insurance cards. Easily scan books, magazines, binders or other bulky items on the A4 /legal-sized flatbed. And all documents can be converted to text-searchable PDF or other popular file format in one easy step.
Save time on common tasks by creating up to 9 scan-to shortcuts. The Xerox® DocuMate® 5540 is powered by Visioneer OneTouch® technology to scan documents using the optimal settings for resolution, color, duplex, auto-crop, auto-straighten, file formats as well as the file’s destination be it a local folder, email, software application, printer or even the cloud. All at the touch of a button. Not only is this a productivity gain, but it greatly reduces the training requirements for scanner users. As a shared device, the DocuMate 5540 improves efficiency and ROI in the office.
Never miss a page due to a misfeed or from multiple pages going through the scanner at once. Advanced roller separation technology and adjustable Double Feed Detection is built into the scanner for security against lost images. So, go ahead and scan without sorting your mixed media pages of different sizes. The Xerox® DocuMate® 5540 will exceed your expectations and achieve all of your scanning requirements at the touch of a button.
For Mac users, the Xerox® DocuMate® 5540 includes a fully featured TWAIN driver, ICA support, and a simple yet powerful Scan Utility, allowing you to get started right out the box.
- Image Enhancement Technology: Visioneer Acuity
- Weight: 18.5 lbs.
- Simplex or Duplex: Duplex (two side scanning)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (2.0), compatible with USB (1.1)
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
- ADF Capacity: 50 sheets (20 lb. paper)
- Visioneer OneTouch Technology (PC): Yes
- Duty Cycle: 5000 pages/day
- ADF Maximum Paper Size: 8.5" x 118" in
- ADF Minimum Paper Size: 2.75" x 2" in
- Dimensions: 27.2" x 12.6" x 17" (W×D×H)
- Output Bit Depth: 24-bit color, 8-bit grayscale, 1-bit black & white
- Scan Method: Duplex Automatic Document Feeder
- Light Source: White LED lamps
- Maximum Paper Size: 8.5" x 14" flatbed in
- Drivers: TWAIN, WIA, ISIS, Visioneer DriverPLUS
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Imaging sensor: CCD (Charge Coupled Device)
- ADF Paper Thickness Range: 7 - 110 lbs.
- Background Color: ADF Grey, Flatbed Black
- Minimum Paper Size: 0.5" x 0.5" flatbed in
- Speed @ 300 dpi, b&w, grayscale, or color: 40 ppm / 80 ipm
- Speed @ 200 dpi, b&w, grayscale, or color: 40 ppm / 80 ipm
- Xerox® DocuMate® 5540 Scanner
- Power Cable
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- Quick Installation Guide
- Technical Support Card
- DVD-ROM including:
- User’s Manual
- Visioneer® OneTouch® (PC)
- Visioneer Acuity (PC)
- Visioneer Capture SE (PC)
- Visioneer Organizer AI (PC)
- ABBYY® FineReader OCR software (Mac/PC)
- Scanner Drivers: Visioneer TWAIN™ DriverPLUS, ISIS®, WIA, ICA (Mac)
Shipping and Billing Details
Shipping: Free Expedited Shipping on orders over $500 in the Continental United States. Expected delivery 3-5 business days. If you need an item sooner please contact us online or call us at 614-392-5198 to make arrangements.
Shipping Service: FedEx or UPS
Ships from: Westerville, Ohio
Ships to: Continental United States plus Alaska & Hawaii
For more information or a price quote on the scanners HMB offers, please contact our product sales team at 614-392-5198 or Contact Us.
- Return shipping is the customer's responsibility.
- No returns on opened boxes
- Returns of unopened boxes are allowed with a 15% restocking fee